Children spend the majority of their days in school for most of the year. Parents trust their child’s school is a safe and accepting environment that will meet their child’s needs. When your child or teen seems unmotivated or disinterested, having social difficulties or not reaching their potential, steps can be taken to identify the source of the problems and develop effective strategies and interventions. Our team of child and adolescent specialists have significant experience and can be hands on in helping you collaborate and work effectively with the school. We can guide you in determining when an evaluation in indicated and how to implement and suggest important parenting strategies to address the issues. We help children and teens develop essential skills to be successful across all their environments including school.
Our team can help with:
- Individual therapy to help with social skills, assertiveness and improving confidence
- Phone calls to teachers and school counselors to obtain useful information for interventions
- School observations of a student in their natural environment
- Family therapy and parenting sessions to reduce and eliminate power struggles
- Behavior therapy to increase motivation
- Guidance through the 504 and Individual Education Plan (IEP) process including developing a plan
- Help in educating the school on child’s special needs and with creation of interventions and supports
- Advocacy to have a student receive a free school evaluation
- Creation of behavioral modification plans with school
- Implementation of Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) approaches with school
- Referrals to exceptional community resources when a private evaluation is indicated
If your child is having challenges around school, our team of therapists can help. If you would more information on how we can help guide you in supporting your child or teens with school concerns, please call 248-851-5437 or text 248-871-7622.